Friday, September 7, 2007

Mists with Big Plans


We've been reading through the Epistle of James in the daily lectionary and the following phrase grabbed me this morning "....What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes." (Jas. 14:4b-c).
James goes on to chide his readers for being mists with big plans. As I prayed about this, I realized that I love to make BIG plans and hope to accomplish BIG things...and why? If I am utterly honest, I would have to admit that it is glory seeking for myself -- to get the accolades of my fellow human beings. I prayed, "Lord, I want to accomplish big things for you." What I heard brought me to tears, "Be faithful in the little things and this will be sufficient." JTCO

Thank you, Father. Thank you, Jesus. Thank you, Holy Spirit for the freedom we have in you. Amen

The photo is "Wanstead Heights" by Flash Wilson

No comments: